Read, Learn, Grow
2020 returns with exciting new topics as well as several favorites from the past. Check out our tentative topic schedule on our website. Mark your calendars for each of these Wednesdays:
- June 10th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- June 17th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- June 24th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- July 1st 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- July 8th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- July 15th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- July 22nd 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- July 29th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- August 5th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Get the kids out of the house this summer for a fun time on the farm! Kids who participate in our Read, Learn, Grow hour long program will:
- Enjoy story time each Wednesday morning at 9:00 or 10:30 to read a book about farming, fruits, veggies, insects, and more;
- Immerse themselves on the farm, seeing what they learned about with their own eyes;
- Participate in an activity and take home something special each week – from hand-picked fruit to a hand-made craft!
Other things you should know:
- This program is recommended for children, ages 3-7. If you have younger children, you’re welcome to bring them along, but we ask that you be prepared to remove them from the reading and activity areas if they become a distraction.
- We request that all parents remain on site during the activity.
- Please arrive a few minutes early to check in. Folks arriving late will not be permitted to join the group, so as to not interrupt the program.
- The cost is $7.00/first child/session, $6/additional child/session. Registration is not required.
- The event goes on rain or shine, and as part of the event, we will visit various place on the farm so please dress appropriately.