Price: $7.00/first child/session, $6/additional child/session
Read, Learn, Grow 2019
Every Wednesday, June 12th – August 7th, 2019 at either 9 or 10:30 a.m.
Get the kids out of the house this summer for a fun time on the farm! Kids who participate in our Read, Learn, Grow hour long program will:
- Enjoy story time each Wednesday morning at 9:00 or 10:30 to read a book about farming, fruits, veggies, insects, and more,
- Immerse themselves on the farm, reading the stories at different spots around the farm pertinent to the book of the week,
- Participate in an activity and take home something special each week – from hand-picked fruit to a hand-made craft!
Check out our 2019 line up*:
- June 12th: Soil and Worms
- June 19th: Greenhouse
- June 26th: Dairy
- July 3rd: Tractor and Farming Equipment
- July 10th: Blueberries
- July 17th: Plums
- July 24th: Peaches
- July 31st: Veggies
- August 7th: Farmer’s Market
*Please note that topics and activities are subject to change based on weather and crop availability.
Other things you should know:
- This program is recommended for children, ages 3-7. If you have younger children, you’re welcome to bring them along, but we ask that you be prepared to remove them from the reading and activity areas if they become a distraction.
- We request that all parents remain on site during the activity.
- Please arrive a few minutes early to check in. Folks arriving late will not be permitted to join the group, so as to not interrupt the program.
- The cost is $7.00/first child/session, $6/additional child/session. Registration is not required.
- The event goes on rain or shine, and as part of the event, we will visit various place on the farm so please dress appropriately.