Miller Plant Farm is hosting our first Pumpkin Decorating Contest- just in time for Halloween!
We're picking homegrown pumpkins nearly every day here at the Farm, so it's the perfect time to think about dressing them up for the season! We invite children of all ages to participate in this fun, family-friendly competition.
What you need to know:
1. Contest entry fee (including the price of the pumpkin) is $10 per child. Pumpkins must be picked up either October 1, October 2, October 3, or October 5. The final day to pick up pumpkins and enroll in the contest is Monday, October 5.
2. Pumpkins must be returned to Miller Plant Farm for display purposes/judging on October 8 and October 9. Sorry, we are unable to accept decorated pumpkins outside of these dates.
3. Pumpkins will be on display for the public beginning Saturday, October 10. Voting will be done by our 2020 Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) shareholders on October 13 and October 14.
4. There will be prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in each age group: 0-4, 5-9, 10+
5. Pumpkins will be redistributed on October 15. Any pumpkins not picked up by 4PM on October 17 will be disposed of.
*We encourage participants to be as creative as they would like, but would advise against hollowing out pumpkins or carving them due to having them sit out for an extended period of time. We reserve the right to dispose of any pumpkins that begins to rot during the contest period. Pumpkin entry sales are final, it is your responsibility to return them to Miller Plant Farm for judging. Remember, this is a youth contest, so there should be minimal parent help decorating the pumpkin- let the kiddos have fun!
Purchase your pumpkin entry either in-store or online for curbside pickup.