PA Farm Link, in partnership with AgChoice Farm Credit will hold a Farm Succession and Transition Workshop at multiple locations across Pennsylvania on Friday, February 22, 2019. The workshop will begin with registration at 9:20 am. Programming will begin following registration and continue until 3 pm.
Choose from one of the four AgChoice locations across PA to attend this workshop:
· Butler-610 Evans City Rd., Butler, PA 16001
· Martinsburg-2322 Curryville Rd., Martinsburg, PA 16662
· Mechanicsburg-300 Winding Creek Blvd., Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
· Towanda-24668 Route 6, Towanda, PA 18848
Professionals in the agricultural industry will be providing valuable information to farm business owners who want to ensure the farm is transitioned to the next generation.
This workshop, presented by PA Farm Link, a non-profit dedicated to “Linking Farmers to the Future”, will provide information on various aspects of creating a Farm Business Succession/Transition plan. Often farm families discuss passing the farm business to the next generation, but get “stuck” on how to proceed. This workshop will help families work through some of the myths and stumbling blocks of moving forward with a farm succession and transition plan.
Speakers & topics include:
· Financial Planning, Phil Taylor--AgChoice Farm Credit, Ag Business Consultant
· Successful Farm Succession, Dave Baker--Farm Transition Specialist, Iowa State University
· PA Farmland Preservation Program, Doug Wolfgang--PA Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau Director of Farmland Preservation
· Business, Legal and Tax Considerations, Attorney Jennifer Denchak Wetzel & Attorney Jacob Kiessling--Mette, Evans & Woodside, Harrisburg, PA
· The What If’s? When the Unexpected Happens, Michelle Kirk—PA Farm Link Eastern PA Representative
· Where Do You Go From Here?, Darlene Livingston--PA Farm Link Executive Director
Registration is required and may be completed online at www.pafarmlink.org or by calling (717) 705-2121. Workshop fee is $15/person and a discount is provided for 2 or more participants from the same operation. A copy of “Planning the Future of Your Farm” Pennsylvania Edition (a $10.60 value) and lunch will be provided for all registrants.